Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Kentucky!!!!

Derrick said, 'It's like biking with a chicken.'


Shawn looks a bit skeptical of their tire changing capabilities. This is 1 of 2 in their series of flat tires for the day.



The fearless foursome is in Kentucky! However, they didn't get there without difficulty. I'm imagining this is where they may have started wondering 'Why are we really doing this?' The cool thing about this is that their pain is our gain. I get much more intriguing pictures from them when they're having trouble. Not only did they run into some rain, but they also had two flat tires.

Rest assured, last time I talked to them, they were eating supper at a Ponderosa. So all-in-all, some rain and flat tires behind them, they got in 55 miles today. Their plans are to bed down in Maysville, Kentucky. To the bikers I say, I hope you encounter better circumstances tomorrow. To the readers I say, I'd better go, because my wife is coming with milkshakes. I do have a wonderful wife!

The Bizfisher

9 comments:

  1. He might look like a chicken, but at least he still has a big smile on his face!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! thats exciting! I made a trip across US in January of last year, and this brings back so many good memories! oh, i ran across this blog from Galen's link. I'll keep checking! Good luck and God bless to the bikers!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks like the kauffmans are the only ones who know how to comment here. hehe. i was told by my husband to "show some support!"
    i split a gut on the first picture. it`d be fun(ny) if ya`ll would eat at chickfila with him wearin` that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. tell brent to take some pics of himself too :)
    to the bikers- i'm very proud of you biking through that nasty nasty weather!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey nice to see you all in Hillsboro. Shawn, thanks for letting me relive my youth a bit by taking a spin on the ol pedaler. I ruled CR 201. But those days are over. BTW i think you guys will get to Fla ahead of schedule. Cause you're just so "lets go gettem"

    ReplyDelete
  6. i'm with Jenny on that first pic. ROFL! props to the guys for trucking on thru the rain.
    Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice job on the blog Preston. Kudos to all the brothers riding in the rain. Sometime I just sit at my desk and think wow.... it must be fun pedaling and sweating all the way to FL..

    Keep rockin guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Guys, As "Andrew" relaxes in his character building mode for you, I"m praying for a few good days of sunshine for you. Keep up the good work!
    Loyal

    ReplyDelete
  9. yeah i have cycled across kentucky (and 14 other states)....lots of dogs. My friend actually hit one at 35 mph. not so much of a great time for him, his bike, or the dog. But it makes a great story for the rest of life which is what makes riding a bicycle for long distances worth the effort. That and nice legs.

    Dan Kane - I knew Galen at one point in life.

    ReplyDelete