Friday, April 17, 2009

Nearing Halfway!!!

Derrick claims that they're so used to a forenoon break at home that they just need to do it here too.

I think Shawn's ordering a huge piece of that chocolate pie for supper.

Well, if I added it up right, our bikers are at 484 miles tonight! If you do the math, that's getting pretty close to the half way point. They trucked through 95 miles of hills and had some wind in their face. They're settled in to their hotel in Kingston, Tennessee, and are resting up for yet another day on the road.

By the way, did you notice that we had a celebrity post a comment on a previous blog? I believe it was Shawn himself. Shawn, it's nice to know that you're checking into the blogs every now and then. Make sure you keep telling people about it, because it's interesting to see them comment about how they met you. Best of luck to you guys as you slaughter another leg of the journey tomorrow.

The Bizfisher

4 comments:

  1. As Brent and Galen are my witness, my words during the last few days before the bikers left: "They will get to Florida ahead of schedule. The road ahead of them is no match for the strengh of 4 menno guys who are pedaling with a purpose."
    So far, my words appear prophetic - don't let me down. So proud of you guys - keep it up! Julian

    ReplyDelete
  2. As my entire family as my witness, my words to Shawn before he left "I will pick you up in Kentucky" appear to be un-prophetic. And I am glad. Great pedaling, you kick butt. Don't go so fast you forget to enjoy the trip of a lifetime! Kendrick

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you sure you guys aren't gonna miss the mountains once you hit the south? Yea, probably not. Keep bringin' it!

    ReplyDelete